Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Urdu shayari and poetry - I

Urdu, an amalgamation of various elements from Persian, Arabic, Sanskrit and Hindi, has always been the language of some of the best known poets. Unfortunately my attempts of learning and maybe stitching together a few sher's doesn't look to be bearing fruit anytime soon.

I'll be posting a few sher's that I have received over time in the next few days. Feel free to refer for translation of Urdu to English.
I'm not even going to translate the sher's into english as the entire magic would be lost..

If you love any of them please resist the urge to get in touch with me and asking me to put together something you could use for valentine's day (before or after as be the case), cos the very act would signify that you have never met me and hence don't know my mastery of the Urdu language.

kaun kisi ke karib hota hai,
apna apna nasib hota hai,
jab koi apna door hota hai
to dard zaroor dil ke kareeb hota hai


yoon door rahkar dooriyo ko badaya nahi karte......
apne chahne walo ko sataya nahi karte!!!
har waqt jise bas tumhara hi khayal ho.....
use apni awaz ke liye tadpaya nahi karte.

kisne kaha judai hogi,
ye khabar gair ne udai hogi
bade shaan se rahenge ham aapke dil me
itne dino me kuch jagah to banai hogi


yeh unki khubiyo ka asar hai....
jo woh itne ache lagte hai....
jab woh kehte hai vada hai mera....
juthe vade bhi saache lagte hai....

Dil ki hasrat zubaan par aane lagi,
Tumhe dekha aur zindagi muskurane lagi,
Ye deewangi thi ya meri nazar ka dhokha,
Har cheez mein surat teri nazar aane lagi

palkon ke kinare jo hamne bhigoye nahi,
wo sochte hain ki ham roye hi nahi.....
wo poochate hain ki kwabo me kise dekhte ho,
aur ek ham hain jo ek arse se soye hi nahi

No comments: