Friday, October 07, 2005

I wanna play tag tag

A mysterious friend just tagged me and challenged me to write a poem or a limerick or a story based on any word which comes to your head. Well instead of a word, I was thinking about a sentence so made a short poem based on it. Not a very refined effort nor one for high praise, but nonetheless one which has given me a fair bit of joy. So here it is


Big Dreams and lot of plans
Having fun and no sadness
Got to go, getting late for class
Indian men don't really get married due to lack of sex or loneliness


College fun and canteen lunch
Cutting class and studying less
No girl friend but what the heck
Do Indian men get married due to lack of sex or loneliness


Flying out on the first flight at dawn
Going to the land of milk and honeyness (a lil bit of poetic license)
Exploring things and making friends
No time for Indian men who get married due to lack of sex or loneliness


Graduated and looking for jobs
Friends moved on, searching for happiness
Roomie's getting married, what a shock
Maybe Indian men get married due to lack of sex or loneliness


Working hard, no time for fun
Meeting girls is so cumbersome
Yoga or salsa may do the trick
Am I one of those Indian men who get married due to lack of sex or loneliness


Nagging wife and crying kids
No money in my pockets but get a lot of kicks
If I only I was more august in my approach
Why did I become one of those Indian men who get married due to lack of sex or loneliness

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would change the last para to say:

Happy kids and cutey wife
No money in my pockets but just loving life
If only other men could follow my approach
Which is: never get married due to lack of sex or loneliness

RTD2 said...

Well well well..Few things: 1. Great response to the tag! 2. I LOVED reading English, August. And watching it, though the book and the movie gave me two different feelings. 3. Are you getting married (for whatever reason)? In which case, congratulations are in order! If not, congratulations are in order! :)

bluesman said...

anu nice one, but kinda expected it from you ;)

aarti please dont get me married :). I'll take your latter congratulations. Ooh btw do you by chance have the movie English August. I have been trying to get hold of a copy but have been unsuccessful. If you do have a copy please please please let me know how to get hold of a copy.

I really like the movies Rahul Bose has been acting in, so should be a good one but I'm sure they've edited a lot of the whacky things from the book :)

RTD2 said...

Sorry dude..I don't have the movie. I saw it when it was released centuries ago in Mumbai. Rahul Bose's first movie. He was lean, mean and sexy as hell *drool*
Ya..they changed a few things around.

Unknown said...

Good to see u catch on quick