Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A full circle

I've got this great friend of mine who has these weird notions that things are not over till you complete the entire circle of association. Maybe her words were true as I've been meaning to go to Wien for the last 10 years or so.

This sounds strange but my first real notion of train travel was association with the movie 'before sunrise'. Since watching the movie in my teenage years, I've always wanted to travel around europe by train and especially visit vienna.

So no surprise that the first trip I take after landing in mainland europe was the overnight train from milano to wien. Wien was everything that I wanted it to be and a litle bit more. Its baroque buildings and streets are a walker's paradise and walking through this historic city has been one of the most unique experiences so far.

Now that the circle is complete, its probably time for me to move on to the next stage in life.

No comments: